“Last financial year was a mixed one for print media. It began slowly, held forth the promise of better things to come during the festive season, but then lapsed into a short-term economic slowdown. The result was a decline in advertising across categories and regions. Both our English and Hindi business were hit, although we were cushioned to some extent by a wide-ranging cost restructuring exercise that we embarked upon early in the year. The full benefits of this exercise will accrue over this financial year.
Our new businesses continue to do well. Our new radio stations are up, and generating revenue, and the entire radio business has grown operating profits. Our digital businesses continue to grow.
This year has started on a good note and we are beginning to see early signs of a recovery. Given our portfolio and efficient cost structures, we believe we are well poised to take advantage of this across both traditional and new media. Our emphasis on product quality, cost management, and excellence in execution will ensure that we create maximum value for all stakeholders.”
Mrs. Shobhana Bhartia
Chairperson and Editorial Director, HT Media
(Commenting on the results and performance)
Q4 FY2017 vs. Q4 FY2016
• Total Revenue at INR 26,816 million.
• Advertising Revenue de-grew by (3.5%); Circulation Revenues grew by 1.6% vs. last year.
• EBITDA was up by 10.2% at INR 5,278 million; EBITDA margins at 19.7% vs. 18% last year.
• PAT down by (1.9%) at INR 1,703 million; PAT margins at 6.3%.
• Strong balance sheet position with healthy cash flows.
• EPS for the quarter stood at INR 7.31 as compared to INR 7.45 last year.
• Dividend for the year approved by Board at Rs. 0.40 per share.